Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Carol and EJ

October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month.  I thought I would get a head start. :)  Back in June, I went to a camp in Minnesota called Bit O' Son.  It is a camp for people with disabilities, a lot like Camp Daniel.  I went with Tony, Jen and Marceaux, and Pastor John.  We served alongside Larry and Carolyn Campbell who have been coming to camp as speakers for years.  It was an amazing week.  

I made a couple of new friends.  Meet Carol and EJ.  These ladies were silly and fun and I spent time with them every chance I got.  They are beautiful inside and out.  As you can see, Carol is wearing a tiara.  It was her birthday that day.  Not exaggerating, we probably sang 'Happy Birthday' about 20 times that day.  We wanted her to feel like a princess, because she deserves it.  Carol and EJ were pretty close.  They remind me a lot of Amanda and Sarah.

I am blessed to be able to see Amanda and Sarah every week.  These ladies are best friends and I get to watch them grow closer to Jesus and serve alongside them.


Carol and EJ.  I miss them!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP