Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Corrie Ten Boom 2


During the years between the world wars there were many people In the Ten Boom household. Corrie lived there with her father, sister, and her aunts. During this time the Ten Boom's took in many foster children. I had a lot of respect and love for Corrie after reading the Hiding Place. Then I read this excerpt from Life Lessons and that multiplied by a thousand!


"It might seem that Corrie was busy enough in the watch shop business and in caring for the foster children. But she also gave Bible lessons in schools and held classes and a special church service on Sunday afternoons for mentally disabled children, for whom she had particular respect and love."


Now it might seem silly to you, but I cried when I read this. I couldn't believe what I was reading. Corrie, this legendary woman, had a disability ministry! She was so busy working and being a part of other ministries and yet she made time for these kids. Corrie spent time among people with disabilities and she got it. She even had a church service!!!! That is what Pastor John and Tony are doing. Corrie was already doing ministry that Tony has dreamed of! This encourages my heart so much. She was doing all of those things in disability ministry and that was so long ago. That gets me excited for the future and what is in store for Camp Daniel and Able Church. I bet most people don't know that she had a disability ministry. I wish I could talk to her about it. OH well, knowing that she had a disability ministry is enough.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP