Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My New Camera



Well, I finally saved up enough money to buy a new camera and it should be here in a few days. I am so thankful for how God provided the money. I have wanted a really nice camera for a long time. I am getting a Canon EOS 50d digital SLR camera. This is a semi professional camera with a lot of extra features that I will hopefully learn to use in time. I am so excited for all of the ministry stuff that I am going to be able to do with it. I can't wait for camp because I will be able to get awesome shots this summer.



My first big project will be Jen and Marceaux's wedding. I am very thankful for the opportunity. I have never done a wedding before. I am a little nervous but I think everything will go just fine. I have learned a lot about photography over the last year. I'm sure you have noticed that I have posted a lot of photos on my blog. :0) I am so thankful for the camera that my aunt and uncle gave me because I was able to practice a lot. That camera was the start of learning how to take photos. I will keep it as a backup. I am looking for another photographer who can mentor me because I have much to learn. If you know of anyone who would be willing to mentor me, let me know.



I have a lot of ideas for taking photos of kids and people with disabilities because, well, it is my life. I have to throw that into the mix. I want to start putting a portfolio together of families who have kids with disabilities. If you know of any families who would be interested in a photo shoot, let me know. I want to keep networking and get to know more of these families. This is a way that I can encourage and minister to these families. In turn, I will be blessed just to be around them and their kids. I have a heart for these families. Let me know if you have any other ideas for ministering to them.

2 comments:

Little Tony April 14, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

We are excited for you. Glad that your posting to blog again Monica!
LT

Anonymous,  April 18, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

Try Beth for a mentor. Her website is http://www.photosbybethann.org/ She is on facebook too - Beth Ann Klemme. I don't know her really, but for some reason I think she would help you. Lora

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP