Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Compassion International


Live simply so they simply live- Richmond Wandera


Compassion International is a great organization that helps poor children in other countries receive food and education. This is one way that I have been able to make a difference. For the last six years, this organization has been a part of my life. God convicted me to stop spending money on CDs and entertainment. I have supported one little girl for the last six years. It cost $32 a month and that pays for food, clothing, and education. This is a great organization because all of the money goes to the kids. The best part is that they get to learn about Jesus Christ. The children you sponsor send you letters and you get to build a relationship with them. I now sponsor two little girls from Africa. We write letters back and forth and they are very dear to my heart. What a difference it would make if every family sponsored a child! I know that it has changed families and been great for the kids to learn about compassion and giving. The experience has been so rewarding for me. Instead of spending money on myself, I get to spend it on someone else. I can't help everyone, but I CAN help these two little girls. I know that their bellies are full and they will have more opportunities that would otherwise be unreachable to them. I get to speak truth, love, and encouragement into their lives. I get to be a part of their lives, even though I am halfway across the world. I couldn't ask for anything more.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP