Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Why Don't People Give a Crap About Human Life?



There is a lot of bad stuff going on in this world, a LOT of bad stuff.
We as Americans are so oblivious, so clueless to what is REALLY going on in the rest of the world. Why aren't people doing something? Why aren't people getting off their butt and making a difference?


It makes me mad when one of those commercials come on for adopting animals from the pound. Don't get me wrong, I think those organizations are a good thing. I like animals, I have two of my own. I just don't understand how people can feel so sorry for those animals when human life isn't being taken seriously? Why don't people feel the same way about starving children in Africa or someone being abused right next door? I'm not going to be able to help animals until children are taken care of.


There are child soldiers in Africa. Children are taught to be killing machines. This has been going on for years and not many people have done much about it. Big pharmaceutical companies are sending drugs to be tested in Africa and it doesn't matter if they kill a lot of people along the way. Now, the second example is a movie, but I'm sure that the big pharmaceutical companies ARE sending drugs to be tested in Africa. They send knock off drugs there so what is stopping them? I mean, it doesn't matter right? Those people in Africa were just going to die anyways. They will either get AIDS or starve to death. It will be as if those Africans never existed. But they DID exist. Each one of them has a face, and a name. I sit here crying angry tears for these children. Why aren't people putting an end to this? Some are trying, but it is hard to get others to care. The people that ARE in power in the US and Europe that COULD make a difference, they are only concerned about their fat wallets. Why don't people give a crap about human life? Why is it that people only care about money?



This stuff is going on halfway across the world and it seems like we can't make a difference, but WE CAN. We can spread the word about these child soldiers and get informed about those issues that are happening not just in Africa, but in the world. We need to be especially aware of the injustices going on right in our own towns and cities. Human life is taken for granted every day. I want my life to mean something. I want to make a difference in this world. The journey is what matters. I can't sit here while all of these horrible things are going on around me. My spirit is restless. I want to make a difference in this cruel world or die trying.

1 comments:

Little Tony April 19, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

Have courage, God will catch you, just jump.
LT!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP