Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Question That Drives Us


The Matrix was an incredible movie for special effects when it came out a few years ago. Over the last six months, I have been watching this movie with a new perspective. Watching the movie through new eyes, The Matrix becomes spiritually meaningful. It really brings the spiritual world to life. There are so many analogies and things in this movie that symbolize the Christian faith. The agents are demons. Morpheus is John the Baptist. Cypher is Judas. The Matrix represents the world. The Chosen One is Neo and he represents Jesus Christ and the Christian walk. I learn something new every time I watch this movie. I am in awe because SO many of the quotes penetrate right to my soul. There was something special going on when they made this movie. I don't think the writers meant for the movie to be an allegory to the Christian faith but it truly is. The next several posts will have some of the amazing quotes from the movie and my thoughts on them.


"I know why you’re here Neo, I know what you've been doing. You're looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. When he found me, he told me that I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here. The answer is out there Neo. It's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to."


We are constantly looking for answers. We want to know if there is more to this life, if there is a higher purpose for us. This is the question that drives us. We all have that God hole that needs to be filled. Nothing else will ever satisfy that need. We can try and fill it with work, relationships, material things, or hobbies, but it will never be enough. We will only find true peace and contentment when we let God in. God doesn't force us. He gently nudges us and quietly whispers in our ear. He waits patiently for us to come to Him.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP