Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

God's Power Made Perfect in Weakness


2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.


We do not like weakness because that means that we cannot do it on our own. We like to be independent. I really like this verse because it describes what people with disabilities are all about. People with disabilities live each day dependent on other people. They know what it truly means to be dependent on God. Dependence comes much easier to them because that is how they live their daily lives.


In that dependence, people with disabilities have a special connection with God. Their prayers are more powerful. Their worship is more powerful. People with disabilities have this ability to be in the presence of God. I can't describe it, you just have to experience it for yourself. People go to all kinds of conventions and try different things to experience the presence of God. I have gone to a lot of that stuff. Those things are great but there is something missing. Sure, there is that warm, fuzzy feeling, but that is usually as far as it goes. A lot of that has to do with us not allowing God to make it truly life changing.


If you want to experience the presence of God, start hanging out with people with disabilities. There is something so powerful about someone who is completely dependent on others for their needs. In the midst of all that, you will have a life changing experience. That is how it happened for me. I have only begun to skim the surface of all that God is going to teach me through people with disabilities. We have much to learn from them. I pray for just a little of the faith that they have to trust God and DEPEND on Him.

1 comments:

beckybj August 13, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

Molly, I had so much fun last week at Camp. I'm glad we were able to get to know each other better. We'll keep in touch and I look forward to following your blog. Have fun the last two days of camp. Let's get that girl night going with Amanda and Sarah.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP