Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Listening


I am finally here! I have taken a step of faith and I am living on the Camp Daniel grounds. I have been here for a couple of weeks now. I have already been blessed in so many ways. I have this inner peace and joy that I haven't had in a long time. I know this is where I am supposed to be right now. I am now a missionary to the disabled community. I can't believe it's finally here. I have prayed about this for such a long time.


God continues to teach me so much from people with disabilities. I was working with a girl with special needs the other day. We were helping to clean up around the grounds. I had given her some directions for cleaning and she didn't listen very well. I watched her as she did it her own way. God really spoke to me in that moment and said, this is what you do when I give you directions. We need to be listening to God for the little things and the important things. Forgive me Lord for not listening to your voice.


As I watched this girl do things her own way, I tried to get her back on track. I was getting a little frustrated because she wasn't listening to what I was saying. That is how God works on us. He stands there and watches us. Sometimes he gives us a gentle nudge in the right direction. Most of the time he is a patient Father and waits for us to come back to him. Thank you Lord for being patient with me.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP