Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Family

God has brought so many wonderful families into my path over the last few years. I was thinking about all of the families I know who have kids with a little extra. I truly believe that God chooses special families to take care of these children that are gifts to us. I am blessed because I get to see four of the families every week. All of them are dear friends and they mean so much to me, they are family.

I have been so blessed to be a part time nanny for Elijah and Lydia. They are so dear to my heart and Sabrina has become a dear friend.



Then there is Nathan and his family. I had Nathan all to myself for a week while his parents went on vacation. I had a blast with him. That boy blesses me more than he will ever know.


There are two young women with a little extra that are my age. Oh how those two bless me!


While I was home with my folks a few days ago, I was able to get together with this wonderful family. They have five kids and their youngest, Sarah, has Down Syndrome. Sarah is almost six and she is such a sweet girl! She is such a delight! As my mom and I sat and talked to Sarah's mom, I could see that God has hand picked this family for Sarah. Sarah is a gift and she has a family that loves her dearly! It will only be a couple of years and Sarah will be able to come to camp. I can’t wait!


My mom made her a quilt and she was really excited about it. Here she is touching the quilt.

About six weeks ago, I got together with a gal that I went to school with. She now has three beautiful boys and the youngest has Down Syndrome. I got to meet her whole family and it was a wonderful time with them. As I spent time talking with them, I realized why God had chosen this family for Mason. Mason was full of love and smiles. He was such a little peanut! He sat on the table facing me while I was talking to him. He just smiled and talked back. There was such love that flowed from him, the love of Jesus, in it's truest and purist form. My heart was filled to overflowing, so much so, that I was still on a high two weeks later. I only experience this kind of love around people with disabilities. Mason has two wonderful big brothers that love him and will stand by him no matter what. Mason is almost a year old.





1 comments:

Heidi Reuter,  October 1, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

Molly, I had no idea you had written this!!! I was so excited to see pictures of Sarah and was reading it to Chris & as I scrolled down and continued reading we read the beautiful words you had to say about our sweet Mason!!! God is so good...not only has he given us a wonderful family, but friends like you that show such love! :) Thank you!!!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP