Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Community/Friends/Family

I am blessed. I am a part of a pretty unique thing here at Camp Daniel. We are a community, a family. Many people desire it, and we are living it. It isn't always easy, but really, what is? I have grown and changed so much in the last year because of the people around me. They challenge me and make me a better person. Isn't that the kind people we should all be surrounded with?



I remember the first time I walked into Tony and Karol's house. I felt at home, like family. I don't think they realize how much that affected my decision in the future to go into full-time ministry. I knew that I would be working alongside my family, and I had no hesitation. I believe that everyone who enters their home feels that way. They are real and genuine people. I am blessed to call them my friends, my family.



While I was growing up, it was often just me and my folks because a lot of our family lived far away. I think that is why dear friends mean so much more to me. I have been thinking about all of the friends/family that God has surrounded me with. There is my Camp Daniel family, The Kocian family, The Weidner family, Becky and Tim, and many others that I am getting to know from church. These families bless me so much!



Not only do I get to invest in their lives, but I get to invest in their kid's lives as well. The blessing goes both ways. Community is important, it is vital. Just start loving on the people around you and see what happens! I remember when I was in Georgia, there were six families that met every week to eat, pray, worship, and fellowship together. That was the first time I experienced deep, real community. There were about 12 kids that were a part of that group. Most of the time I would hang out with the kids because that's where my heart is. For a time after I came home from Georgia, I wondered if this kind of community was possible somewhere else. Well, I found out that it is possible everywhere! If you want to be a part of a community, seek it out. Start it. Everyone wants to be loved. Ask God who He wants you to seek out. Start lovin' on people. Eat and pray together. BE the community.

1 comments:

Pastor Jerry November 16, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

Great post, Molly. I think that is the best insight about community that I have ever heard. Blessings!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP