Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Able Church Bible

(Nissa took this pic. I love it!)

Now that it is winter and the snow is officially here, I can start working on my winter projects. God has really laid on my heart to work on Bible study resources and a Bible for people with disabilities. There are a lot of Bibles out there, but none of them are a right fit for people with disabilities. You see, we are reaching a completely different culture, and so we must write it in their language.



Last year, everyone here at Camp Daniel and The Able Church would take a chapter of the Bible and break it down. It was a great exercise to better understand their culture and the way that people with disabilities think. This project stems from that. Some people may think this is blasphemous. You are rewriting the Bible? I in no way wish to be blasphemous or to dishonor God. This stems from a humble and pure desire to reach another culture with the love of Christ. I only wish to have something that we can give to our members at The Able Church that they truly understand. I'm sure that this is a project that I will be working on for the rest of my life.



I am probably the most unqualified person for the job. I don't have a college degree. I don't have a deep theological understanding of the Bible or ancient languages. I do know that I am willing. I believe that even in all of my ignorance, God will bless it. I have been thinking a lot about this project. I have been asking God if I am crazy. This may be an overwhelming task. Is this just a lofty idea? I opened my Bible and read this verse:



"We remember your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. He has chosen you because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction." 1 Thessalonians 1:3-5



If that isn't confirmation, then I don't know what is. I step out by faith with love for God's people and he will give me the words because he has chosen me. We have all been chosen. At least I know that I have God's blessing. That is all I need.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP