Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Baby Steps

We had a big Superbowl party at church on Sunday. We watched the game on the big screens. I got into the game for the first time EVER! I decided to cheer for the steelers. It was a good game. It was also missions Sunday at church. Tony shared about missions and practical ways that we can be missionaries. He said it's all about relationships. He challenged us to talk to at least one new person at the Superbowl party.



This was the executive area for the steeler fans. I sat here during the game. There was a new couple that sat with us. Most of you know that I am not the outgoing type, but I started talking to them. It turns out that their son started coming to The Able Church. They moved here recently from Florida. She was excited about the activities that we had to offer through The Able Church that her son could get involved with.


At that basketball game in my last post, this mom was there and introduced me to another mom who has a son with a disability. Even though I was scared, I stepped into what God was asking me to do. There might be two families who get more involved with The Able Church and Living Hope Church because I stepped out. I took a few minutes to start building a relationship with someone. If I can do it, we can all do it. It all starts with baby steps people, baby steps.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP