Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Portland

Last week I went to Portland, OR with my mom.  We had a great time with family.  We went mainly to see my grandma.  I'm so glad that God provided the money to go.

This is my cousin Angie and her little girl Merry.
My mom and I went downtown to the Saturday market.  All of the boothes are filled with things that people have made.  There were a lot of interesting people downtown.
This guy played these buckets like a drumset.  I could have listened to him all day.
This was a pretty little park that I liked
Mom standing next to this huge tree with growths.  How weird!!
We had a family dinner.  It was so good to see everyone.
Denise and Dave

me and Uncle Jon
Raewyn and Uncle Bob
me and Gram
Uncle Jon and Aunt Jan
me, mom, Gram
One day mom and I took my grandma to Twin Rocks Camp.  It was a suprise.  We just told her we were going for a drive.  The camp is right on the coast and it was a beautiful drive.

My grandma went to camp as a kid in 1939 and 1940.  The camp has been around a long time.  The director, Ken Bebe, took us around for an hour.  There were still a couple of the same buildings even though they have been remodeled.  There were a few old pictures on the walls where my grandma recognized some of the people in them. 
This was the dorm that they stayed in.
This is the chapel
We ate at the cheese factory for lunch.  Don't worrry, I didn't eat any cheese.
Then I took some pictures of the coast.  I got my ocean fix for about ten minutes.  I could have stayed here all day!
The Twin Rocks (that the camp is named after.)



Can you see all of those birds on the edge of the rock?
A cool bridge
There were a lot of fisherman out even though it was cold and raining

2 comments:

beckybj October 17, 2011 at 11:25 PM  

Molly...how awesome! I'm so glad you had such a good time and also that you shared what happened when you brought your Grandma to see the camp that was part of your family your whole life. I love you Molly! You are so cool! I'm glad your back. I missed you!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP