Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Cow for Christmas




I have been sponsoring a couple of girls through Compassion for years.  A while ago, I got a letter in the mail that they are doing specific things for families and communities this Christmas.  You can choose to donate money toward buying an animal for a family, or a water system for a village, or school supplies for children.  There are lots of things to choose from.  I felt moved to do something.  I knew that I couldn't afford to do it on my own, but I could ask my friends to help me.

I thought this would be a great opportunity for the members of The Able Church.  I spent a few minutes explaining how we could help a family in need.  We took a special offering and received $100.  That's enough money to buy a cow for a family.   It was so awesome to give them the opportunity to help others, even across the world. They don't often get that chance. We worked together and were able to change the lives of one family.  I just bought the cow.  God rocks!



0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP