Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My First Building Project


TADA! My mom came to visit for the week and she helped me build this chest/coffee table. My grandpa was a carpenter so that is why my mom is handy. I am learning to be handy because I live at Camp Daniel. Yay for power tools! We built it all out of scraps. We had to cut all of the pieces of wood, not just the length, so it took us longer than anticipated. It turned into a several day project, but it is so worth it! I still need to sand and stain it.

We got the furniture plans from this woman, Ana White, who has her own website. She designs all of these furniture plans for free. Yes, that's right folks, they're free! The plans are very easy to understand, for those of us who are not experienced. A lot of the plans are knock-offs from pottery barn and pier one. Most of the furniture cost hundreds of dollars, but we can build these projects for $20, $60, $100. There are many awesome pieces that I want to build and furnish my home with.
Check out her website: www.ana-white.com

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP