Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Things I've Done This Week

So this post is not very exciting, but I wanted to post the things I have been working on this week, in case you wanted to know. It has been warm this week and the snow is melting, so we were working outside this week. On Monday, I cleaned out my hall closet because it was getting crowded. As I started taking boxes out, I noticed that there was water on the floor from all of the melting snow and a bunch of stuff got wet. This was one of those things that turned into a much bigger project than anticipated. I had to take everything out, switch boxes over, and air out the closet. That took all morning. I also cleaned around the house, did laundry, and took a walk because it was beautiful outside!


On Tuesday, we had a staff meeting which takes all morning. Then I dug through the big burn pile for scraps of wood. (I am going to use them for spring projects. I will be making some kid furniture for photo props.) I prepared the Bible study for the ladies at The Able Church who meet on Tuesday nights. Then I took the guys to The Able Church family night where we have Special Olympics basketball practice, eat pizza, and have Bible study. On Wednesday, Jen and I put poly on new bunk beds and trim that will go in the dorm. That took most of the day and then I spent some time with Tony and Karol.


On Thursday, I went down to the food bank with Karol. We also ran a bunch of errands. We had a little trailer full of food. We got back late afternoon and then we had to unload, organize, and put all the food away. We use it to give to needy families in the community and for camp this summer. When all of that was done, I made dinner and spent some time with Jen. I love living in community. We can pretty much pop in and out of each others lives whenever we like. I get to spend time with the people that God has placed me with. This is just one of the many blessings of community. Today I worked on camper birthday cards. We send birthday cards to all of the campers who come to camp. I have them completed through August so that I don't have to worry about them as things pick up around here. I also did the Able bulletin and packed because I am off to the Kocian house for the weekend to watch Nate. WOOHOO!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP