Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What did God say to YOU?

There is a member from The Able Church named Connie. She also comes to Camp Daniel in the summer. During the retreat last weekend, we were talking about some things and I told her that we needed to think and pray about it. We needed to talk to God.


The next morning she comes up to me and says, "Did you talk to God last night? What did he say?" I was floored. I love the way they think. There is a bluntness and honesty about them. They teach me spiritual lessons daily.

On the flip side, there are many funny moments around people with disabilities. If you have spent any time at Camp Daniel, Special Olympics, or another activity, you completely understand. This one is for all of you out there who get it.

The funniest thing I was asked all weekend was, "Is it a sin to wear black socks to church?" Thankfully, Nancy was there to share this moment with me. Nancy has been an aid in the school system for years and has been involved with Camp Daniel almost since the beginning. She is crazy fun and is a pro for handling any situation. I have much to learn from her. Well, we started laughing, and we looked down and Nancy was wearing black socks. So we started laughing even harder. Good times! I suppose you have to experience Camp Daniel to understand why this is funny, but it is.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP