Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Breaking from Tradition


I always thought Christianity had to look and be a certain way, and then I moved to Georgia. I have changed a lot in the past few years, especially during my time in Georgia. I met people from all over the world. Many of them have ministered to people from different nations and cultures. During my time in Georgia I experienced God in new ways. I learned to worship and pray in new ways. I learned about doing many things differently.

How have we gotten so caught up in the traditions? We have mixed a lot of our culture and traditions with Christianity. Can we distinguish between them? I still believe some of those things are important, but for me, my salvation breaks down to a few basic truths. Do the other things really matter? We will never agree on them. How can we let them divide us? It is time for me to step outside of the box. I am breaking from tradition.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP