Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No More of this Sugar Coated Junk

What is wrong with today’s churches?? We have made Christianity convenient for our lifestyle. If we truly believed in salvation, things would be drastically different. We go to church on Sunday morning, have a good time of praise, and then what?? How am I living my life? How can I love the hurting people around me to Jesus?

We have gotten used to going to church on Sunday morning and hearing a message that makes us feel good. This is the kind of message that goes in one ear and out the other. Did I learn anything? Was I convicted? We don’t want to hear the truth, we want a softened message. How did we fall into this trap? Preachers and pastors know they are softening the truth, and yet they continue to do it. This is something that I don’t understand. I have had enough of this sugar coated junk. When I go to church, I want to be convicted with the truth, the word of God. I want to be convicted to go to the feet of Jesus and to weep over my sins and ask for forgiveness. I want to be changed and renewed. Now if that happened every Sunday, that would be something I would remember.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  October 19, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Couldn't have said it better myself. We live in a strange new age, our society and America, square in the middle of a raging culture war. And we are not winning! Secular humanism is entirely in the lead. Paul accurately decribed the secular humanist in Romans 1:22 "Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools"....and Romans 1:25 "They exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshiped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen." Are we as Christians also getting comfy with a sugar coated version of the truth of God? We dare not continue in this way. God and The Word do not change, AT ALL, and our justification in his eyes only comes from the covering of the blood of Christ at the cross, period!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP