Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

What is Revolutionary Love?


Revolutionary love is a love that is life changing. This kind of love can only come from one place: the cross. I have experienced the love from the cross and it has changed me. Now how am I going to live this changed life of mine? How am I going to show that I am truly changed or that this love is the real deal?

The closest I have ever come to experiencing this revolutionary love outside of the cross is from people with disabilities. There is this pure love, joy and acceptance that flows from them. This revolutionary love that flows from them is unlike anything else I have ever experienced. I have spent the last five years of my life around people with disabilities. The more time I spend with them, the more I crave it.

This pure love comes from a life of pain and suffering, a life of brokenness. If anyone has a right to complain, it is them. Yet they are some of the happiest people I know and they find joy in the simple things. I have much to learn from them. Out of their brokenness comes something so pure and real, and it has changed my life forever.

These are the people that Jesus hung around with. I want to be like Jesus. He understood the value they brought to this world and to his life. There are only a few people who get it, who truly understand what a gift they are to us and how much we have to learn from them. I don't want to miss out on anything.

2 comments:

seth October 14, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

I like the way your blog is starting out, Molly! Looking forward to more.

seth

Little Tony February 7, 2009 at 1:25 AM  

Molly, You are a warrior. Quiet and observant on the outside, but inside, burning and churning to serve Jesus. God has a great plan for you... continue to take small steps of faith so when the big leap comes you can fly into His arms. We love you and appreciate you more than you know.Your words in this blog are a huge encouragement for me...cant wait till camp.
LT

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP