Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

No Child is a Mistake

After working with people with disabilities for the last five years, I have come to view them differently. A few years ago, God gave me this epiphany.

Who are we to say that they are disabled? We all have areas and things that we struggle with. We are all disabled in some way. We all have challenges that we face. I have seen them flourish in areas where I am disabled. I continue to be in awe of how God uses them.

No child is a mistake.

God created each person for a reason. He has a purpose and plan for each one of us. Some people don’t know how to act around people with disabilities. Some may feel sorry for them and others think it is someone’s fault. Each one of them is a gift, a unique masterpiece from God. Not one of them is a mistake. There are some truly special people that God has touched, and I believe they are people with disabilities. God put them on this earth to teach us something. There may be more struggles and challenges that they have to overcome, but out of that comes this amazing love for people and life. I soak up every moment I can with them.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP