Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Lessons

This summer I am watching a teenage girl with special needs who lives close to me. She is sixteen and I have been having a good time with her. She needs help with lots of things. She also has behavior issues and can be difficult at times. It is good to get experience with this and learn how to deal with different situations. Her family needed someone to watch her for the summer and I am glad that I was available.


One day last week she was wandering around the house. I asked her if she needed anything, then she took my hand and led me back to the couch where I had been sitting. I guess she wanted me to leave her alone. Haha. When it was time for me to leave she actually said goodbye again. Two days in a row…finally, some progress. It has only taken her six months to say goodbye to me. She said 'baba' and then she picked up my purse and walked over to the door. She was helping me get ready to leave. OR, Maybe she was trying to tell me that she was sick of me and wanted me to go. Hmmmm. There are really funny moments with her sometimes. I love moments like that. They sure do make me smile. :0)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP