Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Back of Her Hand

A few years ago, I worked at a restaurant. I had built pretty good relationships with the girls that I worked with. We would often have discussions about religion and Jesus. One night it was pretty slow, and one of the girls started sharing her heart with me. I don't know why she decided to open up to me, but she shared her painful experience with me. This girl had been raped. I didn't know what to say to her, so I just listened. I prayed and asked the Lord for the right words. I remember the pain that I saw in her eyes.


I told her that she was loved. I said that Jesus was the only one that could take away her pain and make her whole. She soaked up every word I said. I did the best I could to share the love of Jesus with her. In her brokenness, her heart was tender and ready to hear those things. I know that seeds were planted. When we were done talking I said "Give me your hand." I wrote "I am loved" on the back of her hand. She didn't wash it off, she kept it on her hand for the rest of the night. I wanted her to know how much she was loved. I hope that every time she looks at the back of her hand, she remembers what I wrote.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP