Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Better Than an Hallelujah


This song by Amy Grant has been on the radio a lot over the past few months. There is something that strikes me every time I listen to it. This song makes me think about Sunday mornings at church. I don't know where it came from, but why do Christians feel like they need to act like they have it all together? I am making a generalization here, but it's so true. They feel like they have to put a smile on and act a certain way. I can tell you right now, no one has their act together. We are all messed up. How many of those smiles are fake? God doesn't want the fake crap. He wants honesty, whether good or bad, he'll take it all. God works through it all. We are only saved and healed by God's grace.



Can you imagine what our churches would look like if people were honest with themselves and God? Our relationships with each other and God would be so much deeper, so much more real. If we are honest with God about where we are at in our relationship with him, it will take leaps and bounds forward than when we try to pretend like we are something we are not. I am one to see right through an act that someone is putting on. Generally, putting on an act means that there is a much deeper issue. What are people trying to hide?



I try to be as genuine and honest as possible. That is why I love hanging around people with disabilities. They are as genuine and honest as it gets(most of the time). Sometimes they are brutally honest, and they express the good with the bad. God doesn't want us when we have our act together. We will never have our act together. He wants us now, right where we are at. God can see where we will be down the road, he can see what we will become. He sees us as a beautiful mess, ready to be made whole.


2 comments:

Pastor Jerry September 23, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

How thankful we can all be for His great grace and mercy and forgiveness. He sees us in all our flaws,(our masks) loves us and draws us to Him. We need to show that same grace and mercy and forgiveness to those God puts in our path. To see past the masks and to love into an honest relationship. With God's help, we can. Great post, Molly.

beckybj September 24, 2010 at 12:48 AM  

My favorite christian artist song is by Ginny Owens it says:

I am a gifted artist
I've learned to paint this canvas well
I work until I've finished
An ideal image of myself
But you know better

I am a storyteller
Quite brilliant, if I do say so
I tell them tales they want to hear
And they believe it's me they know
But you know better

Chorus:
You see my imperfections
Still You say I'm a masterpiece
A marvelous reflection
The image of Yourself in me
You paint with strokes of grace
Undoing my disguise
You say beauty lies in the true story

We all have flaws and try to portray that everything is great. I love this song..

Thank God he sees my flaws and still loves me.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP